Oxfordshire, England - 25-year-old [Laura Head] from Wantage was pushing the pram containing her 15-month-old twins Archie and Freddie Smith, through a car park in Newbury when she heard a loud bang.
When the full-time mother looked down she said there was smoke coming from her Samsung Galaxy S4, which she had left on top of the hood of the pram.
She said: “I heard this massive bang and the next thing I know my phone was on fire and I had to get both of my boys out of the pram pretty quickly."
Samsung spokesman Lucie Heim said: “Samsung is currently working with Miss Head and has provided means for the customer to return the handset. Samsung is currently waiting to receive it for inspection."
In July it was reported that the same model of phone exploded and caused a house to burn down in Hong Kong, while in September last year it was reported that the same type of phone exploded in a man’s pocket in the US.
[There have also been reports of the Samsung Galaxy S3 exploding. In July an 18 year old girl in Switzerland said she was injured by her exploding phone.]
keyboard shortcuts: V vote up article J next comment K previous comment