Although the predicted zombie apocalypse is most likely unfounded, if it is indeed fact and not fiction, it can’t hurt for parents to prepare on behalf of their fur kids as well. With Halloween just around the corner, this is the perfect time to put together a survival plan, beginning with the following check list from Petco to ensure pets make it through the night with their brains in tact.
1. The basics. Store things such as water, food (human food AND pet food), a flashlight and extra batteries, portable food and water bowls, pet medications, etc. in a Bison Pet Scamper Dog Pack so Fido can get out the door quickly with his survival kit in the event of an attack.
2. Travel safe. For those frantically attempting to escape the zombie attacks via a vehicle, be sure to strap pets in safely to avoid injuries! Doggy seatbelts, car harnesses, crates, etc. are necessary to keep pets secure and harm-free during a bumpy ride.
3. Escape in disguise. Help pets blend into the zombie crowd by dressing up in a ghoul or skeleton costume. As the old adage goes, “If you can’t beat them, join them!”
4. Stay physically fit and mentally alert. Only the strong and the smart will survive, so be sure to keep pets in top physical condition by exercising with them regularly and giving them food puzzles to keep them mentally sharp.
5. Keep calm. Zombies can startle pets and instinct may tell them to run for their lives, but it’s important for pets and pet parents to stick together! When battling the zombies, keep a heavy-duty and reliable leash on hand. Also, to help cats and dogs stay calm, swaddle them in a Thundershirt, which will soothe them under stressful circumstances so they stay emotionally happy.
The zombie apocalypse can happen at any moment. Prepare for the worst!
keyboard shortcuts: V vote up article J next comment K previous comment